Native sailing chart, shells represent islands or island groups. Marshall Islands, late 19th century. Gift of Alexander Agassiz, 1875. PM 00-8-70/55587.
Free Benefits for Educators
Educators receive special benefits at the Peabody Museum, including:
- An opportunity to preview the museum without your students. Enjoy one free admission per AFT or MTA member card or school ID for K-12 teachers working in Massachusetts schools. This offer does not apply to scheduled group visits.
- Downloadable resources for teachers (below) and students.
- Multimedia access to videos and lectures related to featured educational programs and current exhibitions of interest to teachers and students.
- An easy way to preview a class visit to the Museum: watch the video K-12 Class field trips.
- Orient your elementary group with a pre-visit video about behavioral expectations.
- Collections Online brings the Museum’s collections into the classroom.
- Many free and open to the public lectures and programs. For details see the Calendar of Events.
- Reserve a hands-on Museum Mysteries kit for use in the museum.
Downloadable Guides to Museum Programs
(Requires Adobe Reader)
- Globetrotters Teacher Guide
- Igloos to Adobe Teacher Guide
- Magnificent Maya Teacher Guide
- Day of the Dead/El Día de los Muertos Information Sheet
- Day of the Dead/El Día de los Muertos brochure
- Day of the Dead/El Día de los Muertos brochure (Spanish)
- Wiyohpiyata exhibition brochure
- Digging Veritas (Harvard Yard Archaeology) exhibition brochure
- Digging Veritas (Harvard Yard Archaeology) online exhibition
- Museum Mysteries Kit Description
- Chaperone Tips for Museum Mysteries Kit
- Pre-Visit Video
Review and Bring to Museum
Financial Assistance for Field Trips
- K-12 Classes overview (two-minute video)
- More videos related to featured education programs and current exhibitions